Tuesday 7 August 2012

Icon 1000 Elsinore boots

Go with your gut, I always say. If you like them buy them. I may have had some trepidation at first but I knew I wanted these boots. My hesitation for reasons smacking of vanity and superfluous web shopping lasted but a moment. They arrived in the mail as I had suspected; coolness personified, if I do say so myself. Have they performed well these past several weeks? Most definitely. I originally didn't want to let the cat out of the bag and tell others about these gems that caress my soul(s) but here goes:


My early morning commute was a treat at +16 C today, before 7:00 am!

5 comments:

  1. I love the new Elsinore boots, just need to pony up the cash to get a pair. What year is your Uly? I just picked up an 06 and love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Red! I have a 2007 Uly with about 20k km's on it. Not a lot on the odometer but I plan on a busy next summer of riding. The boots are great. Only complaint is getting used to shifting up with the larger toe portion of the boot. But you get used to it. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Hey Bruce, I got my Uly w/67k miles (107k kms). Just had my ECM crap out on me, so it's time for an EBR model once I can scrape up the dough.

    I added you to my "blogroll", good to find another Buell blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a few miles on that machIne of yours!! But I think I'm conditioned to see bikes with a lot less miles on them around here because of our short, short riding season. I still haven't required an ECM upgrade (knock on wood). Are you on ADV Rider forum at all? I know there's Bad Weather Bikers but am drawn to the diversity on ADV...I have a profile on there: look for "snooz" among the inmates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I'm on ADV as well. red450

    Still diagnosing the Uly, if I don't have it running proper by winter, I'm going to pull or rotate the engine and give everything a good cleaning and inspection over the cold months.

    ReplyDelete