Wednesday 17 July 2013

ATGATT

All the gear all the time. My only trepidation on my ride home in a very very heavy rain storm was the lightening I was seeing up ahead in the near distance. Barely out of town and in crawling traffic, albeit for only a few extra minutes, I was dead center in a warm deluge of rain, and apposing traffic sent curling walls of water from the adjacent lane over myself and the caged commuters slowly escaping with me. I was pleasantly surprised as the caged crowd moving in my direction kept respectful distance from me, although they may have felt my stupidity for riding in such a storm might rub off on them therein giving me plenty of room.
 
 With all the gear from thinning crown to feet my disposition remained tempered and my confidence sound as a pound; only the lightening and threatening reports of hail hastened my pulse and could have chipped away at my resolve.
 
 Unfortunately snap shots of the torrent up to my rims was not to be documented  ; my phone is not deluge proof.
 
The low slung and drenching cloud I left behind:
My pants:

The road ahead:
All the gear makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment