Monday 22 July 2013

Beer and handle bars

 
   I can't say I'm really familiar with Suzuki  GSXR bikes but I know what they look like. With fat sport bike back tires, tree trunk forks, and carbon fiber air dams these machines churn out serious power. Add to that clip on bars - no wait, this GSXR doesn't have clip ons; wide motocross bars casting the riders shadow further a field sit atop a reworked triple tree replacing the clip on bars to the delight of the Gixers custom minded owner for a much more 'gentle' riding position, a novel and well executed transformation.
 
 I like the look. On a beer run yesterday my neighbor and I rode to Turner Valley to have a quick glance at the carnage and reconstruction of a major blacktop artery that connects Turner Valley to Black Diamond post 'flood of 2013'. More time could have been spent looking at the jaw dropping high water mark but I was itching for a beer.
 
 Returning to Bragg Creek and stopping at the saloon I had a better look at the Renthal bars on the GSXR. Great idea no doubt in my mind. Now I think I should have hung onto that bullet proof 1984 FJ 1100 and not balked at its "humping a football" riding position I was eager to get away from.

No comments:

Post a Comment